Whether you’re a start-up, planning to buy or sell a business, or looking for advice on a business dispute, we can help.
We have extensive experience in helping businesses identify and utilise their levers for success. We offer a wide range of practical legal solutions for individuals and businesses. We can help you with:
- Business structures: If you are establishing a new business enterprise, we can help you make sure that you are setting the business up soundly. If you’re looking to fix current issues, we can help with corporate restructures.
- Business contracts: We can prepare or review all types of legal contracts. We’ll make sure that the contract terms and conditions are suitable for your business now and into the future.
- Commercial disputes and commercial litigation: We offer full dispute resolution services and business litigation, including breach of contract, building and property disputes, debt recovery, IP disputes, tax and regulator action, insolvency, partnership disputes and corporations law issues.
- Corporations law: We can assist with shareholders agreements, advice on corporate governance and company administrations.
- Franchises: If you’re looking to buy into a franchise, talk through the franchise agreement and disclosure documents with us to deal with all issues that could make or break your new business.
- Intellectual property and trademarks: We can help you manage and enforce your intellectual property rights, including litigation where needed. We can also help you with registering trademarks and protecting your confidential information.
- Property and leasing: We can assist landlords and tenants with retail leasing and commercial leasing. We also assist with selling or buying commercial property.
- Workplace and employment: We can draw up or review employment contracts and workplace agreements as well as assist with disputes and unfair dismissals. We can also assist with OHS issues.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency: We can assist with the whole process of recovering money owed to you and managing your cashflow, from an initial Letter of Demand through to Statement of Claim and Court trials.
- Taxation and finance: we can draft and review mortgages, guarantees, charges and other securities documentation as well as advise in regard to tax and duty.
- Business succession and asset protection: You need a plan in place to make sure that your business and personal assets are protected. We can work with your business and family to devise a plan that protects your business interests and family’s assets.
Partnering with a good business lawyer can help you mitigate the costly risks associated with running any business.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with an experienced business lawyer in Melbourne.